Summer Boxing and Muay Thai Kickboxing Camp in San Diego
Since 2003 American Boxing has offered the highest quality youth Boxing and Muay Thai kickboxing program in San Diego.
Coach Dave, Program Director and head instructor, as a profession, has taught children’s boxing and Muay Thai classes since 2001. Dave has been a San Diego Unified School District Volunteer since 2015 and worked with Hardy Elementary, Crown Point Jr. Music Academy and Barnard Elementary schools, to name a few. As a father of 3 daughters, from 26-11 years old, Dave, not only has a formal child development education, at the college level, but significant parenting and hands on experience with children from all walks of life, for decades. Most important, Coach Dave talks to children on their level, with exactly what each child needs, to establish a fun bond of respect with a heavy dose of silly. (Basically he is a big kid. ha)
With our Summer Camp, you can expect the following:
- A more confident child!
- A safe, active and engaged program.
- A fun, respectful yet disciplined environment.
- Your child will understand when and where it is appropriate to practice and if ever, apply, the skills they will learn.
- Your child will learn World Class Muay Thai and Boxing from a Champion!
- We will have multiple tents with plenty of shade.
- Did we mention, they will have FUN?!
What Covid Protocols we follow.
Camp is outdoors, so most of your son or daughters experience will not require them to wear a mask! However, all local, state and federal guidelines will be followed. Please feel free to call and ask for details!
What is the Camp Schedule?
Camp will start at 8am sharp with arrival time of 7:45am and a Pickup time of 2pm. Early arrivals and late pickups may be accommodated, please inquire about details.
Monday and Wednesday will be Western Boxing focused, while Tuesday and Thursday will be Muay Thai focused. Friday will be a mixed day of Boxing and Muay Thai based on the child’s preference.
Camp Daily Schedule:
8-8:30 Warmup, stretching and getting into our bodies.
830-9am Fun agility and balance drills.
9am-10 1st Training Session of the Day!
10-10:30 Snack time.
10:30-12:00 Game time!
12-1pm Lunch and supervised Free Play.
1-1:30 Second Training Session of the day.
1:30-2pm Parent arrival prep and Obstacle Course or other fun game activity!
Fridays will be a two day event with camp in the morning and Campfire at night. The entire family is invited to roast marshmallows with us and children will be presented with participation certificates as well as Special Awards! Please ask for details.
What to bring?
- Camp Shirt: Required each day to help us identify your child! Additional shirts will be available for purchase.
- Athletic shorts, no buttons, no zippers. (child’s knees should be clearly visible with no restriction of movement with lifting the legs or squatting)
- Workout attire including tennis shoes.
- Beach wear
- Water, snack and lunch (if arrangements have not been made with us)
- Sun block and hat.
- Bathing suit and towel.
How to ensure your child has the best possible experience!
Coming Soon!Call or Text us now!
(858) 581-BOXING (2694)