San Diego Kids Boxing Martial Arts Sports Enhancement and Bully Busters!
Our San Diego Kids Program is for BOYS and GIRLS and incorporates Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai and when a proper respect for teachings has been established, Jiu Jitsu Grappling. The combination of these arts produces a high quality mixed martial arts class in a clean and safe environment for children 4 and up. American Boxing Programs are Bully Buster Certified ™. We do not and will not tolerate Bullies in our school and help to council children in every day Bullying situations. Don’t worry mom, we got this!
As a traditional 3 sport athlete, college graduate with honors and father of 3 , Coach Dave Nielsen, founder of American Boxing feels the following are the most important components to training and reasons for kids to train in Boxing and Muay Thai Kickboxing, particularly at American Boxing due to the standards he has established.
1) American Boxing caps all classes at 12 students so your son or daughter get’s the kind of attention they need to develop! Just like their regular school, class size matters in their development!
2) The FOCUS of the American Boxing Kids Programs is NOT FIGHTING! We do however support youth competition, provide avenues for such goals and have a reputation nationally for producing the most technical and conditioned athletes!
3) American Boxing provides a Free membership freeze during sports seasons so children may play other sports…at the end of the season, their training starts back up! THIS IS BIG PARENTS!…Keep your kids busy, having fun, developing their coordination, hanging out with other student athletes in a controlled environment that promotes respect and hard work…while FUN! IF not, you will be lucky if they play video games all day…
4) Please try a Free class and TALK TO OTHER American Boxing parents…grades GO UP, focus/attention/sports specific strength/coordination and more all INCREASES! Best of all, BEHAVIOR and RESPECT…are significantly improved in children that tend to have these issues. Military parents (moms really) tend to get the short end of the stick when dad gets deployed. We give boys structure, expectations and the basic discipline THEY NEED while dad is away! Coach Dave was a Navy dependent to a father with a 30 year career….he understands!
4) We are not just a sport fitness boxing martial arts school… We help children and even quite often adults to focus and guide their lives in the proper direction.
Our San Diego Kids Boxing and Martial Arts Program Motto:
“We build Future Champions™ in life and sport!”
Kids Class ScheduleView Our Class Schedule / Signup for Classes
Lil’ Warriors Program
Future Champions Program
Ages 9 and up based on Instructor Evaluation
The Evaluation Process
Each child is evaluated by Coach Dave Nielsen to ensure the child is of appropriate maturity and basic discipline to participate in each training program.
For children too young for group classes, private lessons are available, and for those entering their teen years, a transition into adult classes is sometimes suggested.
Fight Childhood Obesity
Help American Boxing fight Childhood Obesity with our youth boxing and children’s martial arts program. Our program includes food and nutritional talks with the kids on a daily basis. At American Boxing, we believe today’s kids MUST BE made aware of what they take into their bodies and have the seeds of health and fitness planted so they may live a healthy life as well as pass that health on to future generations.
Our youth program helps develop the following:
- FOCUS: This skill will help your child’s aim, listening skills and reaction skills. They will excel faster in any physical activities. Your child will also become a better listener and a more focused student in school.
- TEAMWORK: Teamwork is necessary for any young child to develop. The more confident your child is willing to work with others, the more he or she will accomplish. Your child will develop character, which will help him or her make new friends and become a better leader in life.
- CONTROL: Having control means making good decisions. Whether your child is handling a pet or handling a problem, he or she will learn to make the right decisions. Control builds confidence.
- BALANCE: This skill is crucial to develop at an early age. Your child is beginning to participate in many physical activities that are challenging, like riding a two-wheel bicycle. Your child will develop good balance and a better posture.
- MEMORY: Developing a good memory is exercise for your child’s brain. The sooner your child exercises, the smarter he or she will become. Our drills are constantly helping your child think and make smart decisions.
- SELF-DISCIPLINE: Our instructors use mixed martial arts drills to help create the vision that self-discipline is fun and rewarding. Your child will take pride in doing the right thing. Your child will also follow directions better.
- FITNESS: It is important for children to understand the importance of being healthy and physically fit. If your child does not burn off excess energy exercising, how will he or she burn off all of that energy?
- COORDINATION: Your child will learn left from right. They will become better physical participants in sports and activities. The better coordination your child has, the fewer injuries your child will sustain.
In our classes, we make learning fun and educational. Our goal is to help your child be the best they can be at everything they put their minds to.
What’s the biggest obstacle to you child’s success???
Your child’s first and biggest challenge comes not from the neighborhood bully. It comes, instead, from personal issues. For example:
Overweight children who are ostracized because of their appearance. (we’ve seen many such kids who’ve lost a few pounds through self-discipline and exercise and gained tremendous amounts of self-esteem.)
Physically smaller children often get picked on because of their size. (We frequently see them gain in strength and self-confidence as their physical abilities increase.)
Shy children who are always afraid of trying anything new (often because they are convinced they will fail – time and again we have taught them how to overcome their fears and develop the right perception on situations through successful and sometimes unsuccessful class experiences.)
Overactive, inattentive children who learned to channel their energy and focus their attention.
Help us help you make your child’s future brighter!