WBC Muay Thai Champion: Coach/Kru Dave Nielsen
Coach and Kru Dave Nielsen is a Master Level Personal Trainer, a Professional Muay Thai fighter, former 7X Undefeated Amateur Champion, former IKF Muay Thai World Champion, and current WBC Muay Thai US Cruiserweight Champion. Along with his Muay Thai striking abilities, Coach Dave is also a California State Submission Wrestling Champion and a USA Boxing Coach in Pacific Beach San Diego California.
Coach Dave’s Muay Thai Bio
- WBC Muay Thai US Cruiserweight Champion
- Former IKF Muay Thai World Champion
- 7x Undefeated Amateur Muay Thai Champion
- Has been a teacher and ambassador of Muay Thai Kickboxing full time for more than a decade.
- In 2010 Coach Dave represented TEAM USA at the World Cup of Muay Thai in Bangkok Thailand and was 1 of only 2 Americans to medal at the event featuring over 180 countries from around the world.
- Has produced fighters and Champions seen in events such as Glory 10 Los Angeles, Lion Fight Las Vegas, Friday Night Fights New York, WCK World Championship Kickboxing and more!
A California Muay Thai Champion (both IKF and IAMTF), A West Coast Muay Thai Champion (IKF), A Muay Thai U.S. National Champion (IAMTF) and a Muay Thai World Champion (IKF), Coach Dave has unparalleled experience as a FIGHTER/TEACHER of Muay Thai Kickboxing. Kru Dave has a 100% Muay Thai base having never trained in other striking martial arts. However, his knowledge of jiu jitsu and wreslting have allowed him to develop an MMA style of Thai Boxing that is second to none! Kru Dave’s Thai boxing technique is a very strong style of Muay Thai with both traditional and Dutch influences. Kru Dave Nielsen, or Coach Dave as he prefers, is San Diego’s ONLY true Muay Thai Kru/teacher producing TOP Fighters while a current active Professional Fighter and Champion himself. You know the saying, “those who can’t do, teach”, well, Coach Dave does both, very well.
With his comprehensive knowledge of Muay Thai takedowns, striking and submissions, Coach Dave has even had his expertise called on as an Expert Muay Thai Witness in a California Murder Trial!
Associations, Affiliations and Certifications Held
- NASM National Academy of Sports Medicine
- ACSM American College of Sports Medicine
- NASM Certified Weight Loss Specialist
- USMTA (United States Muay Thai Association) Certified Muay Thai Official
- WBC (World Boxing Council) Certified Muay Thai Official
- WARGODS MMA FIGHTS (mixed martial arts) referee
- Licensed USA BOXING Coach
With 30+ Years experience in athletics (football, basketball, baseball, Boxing and Muay Thai), Coach Dave Nielsen is a sports performance specialist as well as a expert analyst and strategist. His ability to see an athletes weaknesses and make them strong can only be matched by his ability to perceive an opponents weakness’s and take advantage.
Coach Dave’s Background
A musician, 3 sport competitive athlete and a health and a fitness enthusiast for nearly 30 years, at 25, Dave moved from the Seattle area to San Diego to pursue a music career and eventually a higher education. After finishing college in San Diego, receiving Degrees in Political Science and Business Administration both with Honors, Dave turned down an acceptance to UCLA (The University of California Los Angeles) for pre-law and a potentially lucrative Law Degree to pursue his lifelong hobbies of Health, Nutrition and Fitness as well as his new found love of Muay Thai kickboxing.
Coach Dave has worked with Breast and Systemic Cancer Survivors, Police Detectives, US Border Patrol Agents, Navy S.E.A.L.S., Pre Natal, Pregnant and Post Natal Women, Pro Baseball and NFL Players, UFC Fighters and more! Dave is an extremely technical instructor who enjoys working with past, current and future athletes of all levels in all sports!
Coach Dave’s Philosophies:
“Every person has the potential for greatness… I push athletes to the edge and over, physically and mentally… then I know if they really want greatness!”“
Health and Fitness:
“The key to weight loss and fitness is to NOT workout! The operative word here is WORK! I don’t know about you, but I work plenty already… Find a hobby that’s fun like boxing or muay thai and do it as often as you can! With food, if you can’t find it in a forest, you weren’t meant to consume it…high nutrient content and calories are important for growth and development, however in adulthood, the key to health, longevity and performance is breaking your habit of over consumption and focus on clean high nutrient content foods.”
- 2000 Began Training with Muay Thai World Champion Ole Laursen
- 2000 Began Training with MMA and Jiu Jitsu Champion Dean Lister
- 2001 Became a Certified Personal Trainer
- 2003 Fought on Team Menor for Muay Thai World Champion Melchor Menor
- Has trained with countless World and Lumpinee Champions
- 2007 Began the Study and Practice of Acupuncture for Injury Recovery
- WBC MUAY THAI US CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION
- IKF MUAY THAI WORLD CHAMPION
- Member of TEAM USA at the 2010 Muay Thai World Cup Bangkok Thailand
- IAMTF MUAY THAI California CHAMPION
- 3 Time IKF MUAY THAI CHAMPION
- California State MUAY THAI CHAMPION
- West Coast MUAY THAI CHAMPION
- Arnold Classic Sports Festival Muay Thai Champion Class “A” Fighters (K-1 style Tournament)
- California State Submission Wrestling CHAMPION
- Pan American Submission Grappling Silver Medal
- Pan American Submission Grappling Silver Medal (open weight division)
Coach Nielsen is a HIGHLY EXPERIENCED and ACCOMPLISHED Coach and Combat Sports Athlete. He has worked with THE BEST MUAY THAI, JIU JITSU and MMA Athletes in the WORLD and has had the opportunity to train with, teach and learn from following fighters and coaches:
- Ole Laursen- Muay Thai World Champion
- Saekson Janjira- Muay Thai World Champion
- Melchor Menor- Muay Thai World Champion
- Maliapet Sasiprapa Elite XC Fighter and Muay Thai World Champion
- Ajarn Apidej (Muay Thai Superman and Living Legend with 290 Wins 1 Draw 9 Losses)
MMA, Grappling and Wrestling
- Dean Lister- Grappling World Champion
- Eric Bellas- Penn State Wrestler, Wrestling Coach and Author
- Charlie Kohler- BJJ Blackbelt and MMA Fighter
- Donald Cerrone- UFC Fighter
- Rashad Evans- UFC Fighter
- Rani Yahya- MMA Fighter and Jiu Jitsu World Champion
- Israel Gomez- Chute Boxe Black Belt MMA/Muay Thai Fighter/BJJ Black Belt
- Greg Jackson- MMA Coach
You learn from Coach Dave’s combined experiences over the past 25 YEARS as a student of Boxing and MMA Training with THE TOP FIGHTERS, TRAINERS and COACHES in the WORLD as his more than 30 years of sports and athletic experience!