San Diego Martial Arts for Kids
Self Defense | Fitness | Fun for Girls and Boys!!!
American Boxing Pacific Beach Kids Program is for BOYS and GIRLS. We incorporates the Buddhist Philosophies and techniques of Muay Thai style Kickboxing, the action packed fun of Western Boxing and when a proper respect for teachings has been established, No-Gi Brazilian Jiu Jitsu/Grappling. The combination of these arts, produces a superior fitness and high quality mixed martial arts class in a clean and safe environment for children.
(We do not and will not tolerate Bullies in our school and help to council children in every day bullying situations. Our kids are kind and respectful!)START YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER WITH A FREE CLASS TODAY! (Click Here!)
A traditional 3 sport athlete, college graduate with honors and father, Coach/Kru Dave Nielsen, founder of American Boxing feels the following are the most important reasons for kids to train with a basis of Muay Thai Kickboxing before all other disciplines.
“Muay Thai is proven to be the worlds most effective stand up self defense, an amazing workout and a superior sports enhancing tool (used by countless professional athletes)!”
Muay Thai is tied directly to Buddhism.
2 fundamental principles of Muay Thai (Thai Boxing) and Buddhism that are mandatory to grasp and implement in training with us are:
1) Respect. For your teachers, elders and peers.
2) Never to use your strength against someone weaker…always help those in need…this is a big one and at the core of Muay Thai.
“There are many more core philosophies to Thai Boxing and Buddhism, addressing community, family and more…I support you explore other non-gym websites in your research of Thai Boxing and it’s deep connection to Buddhism…Muay Thai is a beautiful and all around effective art that builds a stronger/better/safer mind and body.” ~Kru DaveMore questions?
Try our contact form!
We can usually get back to you right away!
Some important things to note:
1) American Boxing caps all classes at 12 students so your son or daughter gets evaluated and trained based on him or her as an individual. That being said, it is important to realize that younger children are here to be exposed to older children who listen, learn, participate and show proper respect. They learn by modelling and exposure. Be patient parents…look at our senior students when you come try a class and ask their parents about the journey.
2) Your child will never be left out like with other team sports! We prepare your child to succeed in any sport, physically and mentally!
3) Fun! We have fun in class. Respect, focus, then fun 😉 We have a great time in class, however, a fundamental respect between student and teacher as well as between student and student are necessary 1st and 2nd steps. Focus and the ability to execute instructions is step 3. With nearly 20 years of teaching children, Coach has countless tools to help children of all ages develop the ability to focus and achieve short term and long term goals.
4) American Boxing Kids Programs is NOT FIGHTING! We do however support youth competition, as a goal. Coach/Kru Dave has a reputation nationally and internationally for producing the most technical and conditioned athletes! Your son or daughter will not be required, expected nor pushed to compete…ever!
(It is important however to understand, no-one wants their child to get hurt! It is even more important to know that children in these age groups do not have the necessary hormones to produce the muscle to generate enough force to hurt one another, especially while wearing our head, hand and leg protective equipment. Football or Rugby at any level are great sports that we love, but are infinitely more dangerous.)
5) American Boxing provides a Free membership freeze during traditional sports seasons so children may play other sports…at the end of the season, their training starts back up! THIS IS BIG PARENTS!…Keep your kids busy, having fun, developing their coordination, hanging out with other student/athletes in a controlled environment that promotes respect and hard work…while FUN! If not, you will be lucky if they only play video games or on their iPad all day 🙁
Try a Free class and speak with other American Boxing parents and learn how:
- Grades GO UP
- Focus/attention/sports specific strength/coordination and more all INCREASES!
- BEHAVIOR and RESPECT…are significantly improved in children that tend to have these issues and much much more.
(858) 581-BOXING (2694)
Military moms…when dad gets deployed, we give boys structure, expectations and the discipline THEY NEED while dad is away! Trust us, you don’t want a young man hitting puberty without proper structure and behavioral expectations established long before! He might be your little angel now, but if any of you remember puberty, it’s better to be prepared and not need it than need it and not be prepared! An unstructured boy is a potentially dangerous young man. Coach/Kru Dave was a Navy dependent to a father with a 30 year career….he understands!
Our San Diego Kids Boxing and Martial Arts Program Motto:
“We build Future Champions™ in life and sport!”
Kids Class Schedule
Our current kids class start times are as follows:
An appointment is required for your 1st class and arrival time is 15 minutes prior to class start time. Please Enroll for your 1st Class Here!
Private lessons are available is class scheduling does not work for you.
Lil’ Warriors Program
All ages can train. Ages 4 and under require a $50 private lesson/evaluation.
Future Champions Program
Ages 9 and up until Kru Dave recommends adult classes.
The Evaluation Process
Each child is evaluated by Coach Dave Nielsen to ensure the child is of appropriate maturity and basic discipline to participate in each training program.
For children too young for group classes, private lessons are available, and for those entering their teen years, a transition into adult classes is sometimes suggested.
Fight Childhood Obesity
Help American Boxing fight Childhood Obesity with our youth boxing and children’s martial arts program. Our program includes food and nutritional talks with the kids on a daily basis. At American Boxing, we believe today’s kids MUST BE made aware of what they take into their bodies and have the seeds of health and fitness planted so they may live a healthy life as well as pass that health on to future generations. Parents, we cannot do this alone!
Our youth program helps develop the following:
- FOCUS: This skill will help your child’s aim, listening skills and reaction skills. They will excel faster in any physical activities. Your child will also become a better listener and a more focused student in school.
- TEAMWORK: Teamwork is necessary for any young child to develop. The more confident your child is willing to work with others, the more he or she will accomplish. Your child will develop character, which will help him or her make new friends and become a better leader in life.
- CONTROL: Having control means making good decisions. Whether your child is handling a pet or handling a problem, he or she will learn to make the right decisions. Control builds confidence.
- BALANCE: This skill is crucial to develop at an early age. Your child is beginning to participate in many physical activities that are challenging, like riding a two-wheel bicycle. Your child will develop good balance and a better posture.
- MEMORY: Developing a good memory is exercise for your child’s brain. The sooner your child exercises, the smarter he or she will become. Our drills are constantly helping your child think and make smart decisions.
- SELF-DISCIPLINE: Our instructors use mixed martial arts drills to help create the vision that self-discipline is fun and rewarding. Your child will take pride in doing the right thing. Your child will also follow directions better.
- FITNESS: It is important for children to understand the importance of being healthy and physically fit. If your child does not burn off excess energy exercising, how will he or she burn off all of that energy?
- COORDINATION: Your child will learn left from right. They will become better physical participants in sports and activities. The better coordination your child has, the fewer injuries your child will sustain.
In our classes, we make learning fun and educational. Our goal is to help your child be the best they can be at everything they put their minds to.
What’s the biggest obstacle to you child’s success???
#1 Parent enabling. IF you give your child what they want…ever, you need to really look at what damage you could be doing to him/her socially, in their future. The only thing worse than an entitled child is the parent that created them.
Your child’s first and biggest challenge comes not from the neighborhood bully. It comes, instead, from personal issues. For example:
Overweight unhealthy children who are fed what they want, not what they need because it is easier for the parent to just cave in. You are parents!!! Act like it PLEASE!
Physically smaller children often get picked on or feel inadequate because of their size…it does not feel good getting picked last because you are small. Size is irrelevant in any martial arts class and in American Boxing classes, we frequently see a gain in strength and self-confidence as their physical abilities increase!
Shy children who are shy or always afraid of trying anything new. (often because they are convinced they will fail – time and again we have taught them how to overcome their fears and develop the right perception on situations through successful and sometimes unsuccessful class experiences.)
Overactive, inattentive children who learned to channel their energy and focus their attention.
Help us help you make your child’s future brighter!